Based in Victoria, Westlab is a supplier of science and laboratory equipment and consumables to schools, universities, research laboratories across Australia.
- The existing catalogue was produced manually in InDesign by an external party.
- Product information was inconsistent between the company’s detailed website and the catalogue.
- The index had to be created manually with cross references checked separately.
- A new catalogue was required to support Westlab’s growing North American market
Working with the Westlab team, Catalog Automation devised a solution comprising simple EasyCatalog libraries and a data panel sourcing data from an the same business database as the website.
- A typical catalogue can now be run out in minutes.
- Pricing updates can be directly updated on the finished catalogue page.
- The catalogue index can be created automatically using existing data.
- The North American catalogue has been created with minimal additional effort.
|Catalogue size||Between 100 and 500 pages|
|Number of product records||Between 1,000 and 2,000|
|Versions||2 versions created simultaneously|
|Catalog Automation consulting days to achieve solution||Under 5 days|
|Time to create single catalogue||Under 1/2 day|
(Numbers have been generalised to protect commercial in confidence business information)