Based in Melbourne, Kadac distributes local and imported organic, natural and health products to supermarkets, health food and other specialty stores across Australia, New Zealand and parts of South East Asia.
- A new catalogue was required to provide information directly to business-to-business customers.
- Product information needed to be sourced directly from existing business sources.
- The catalogue needed to feature strong wayfinding and indexes to help users navigate the content.
- Product advertisements needed to be placed throughout the catalogue.
Working with the Kadac team, including IT, marketing and the in-house design team, Catalog Automation devised a solution which automated the creation of catalogue pages including product barcodes. Category and brand indexes were also created with live links to product page numbers.
- The automated component of the catalogue can now be created in under an hour.
- Product attributes including linked images, description text and pricing can be updated directly on the finished catalogue page.
- Advertisements (e.g. full page, half page) are placed automatically linking to finished art PDFs.
- Category and brand indexes can be created in under a minute, with live links to product page numbers.
|Between 100 and 500 pages
|Number of product records
|Between 2,000 and 5,000
|Time to create single catalogue
|Under 1/2 day
(Numbers have been generalised to protect commercial in confidence business information)